10 Date Night Ideas in Saskatoon & Area - Winter Edition!
Looking for idea of things to do with your partner this winter in and around Saskatoon? Check out this great list of ideas below - and share your favourite date night spots in the comments below!
- Horse Drawn Carriage Rides - Looking for something unique to do? Try a horse drawn carriage ride in downtown Saskatoon! Book in advance for a ride between March 8 - December 21st and find more information here (how amazing would this be for a surprise engagement in Saskatoon?!)
- The Barn Playhouse - A short drive away from Saskatoon city limits, they offer multiple events, a dinner theatre, and various productions throughout the year. Check out their website for current information here. (It's also a great wedding location for those of you wanting something different!)
- Saskatoon Symphony Orchestra - Go for a cultural staple with a night out at the SSO. From the Christmas concert on December 7th to Handel's Messiah on December 13th/14th 2019 to the Little Mermaid on January 25th, the SSO offers a wonderful date night for the music-lover in your life.
- Cameco Meewasin Skating Rink - Located right in the heart of downtown Saskatoon next to the Bessborough, this is a personal favourite of mine. Bring your own skates or rent some with their rentals - this is a cute and fun winter date that doesn't have to cost a lot (or anything at all!) - remember to bring some hot chocolate!
- Timberjaxe Throwing Sports - In the mood to let off some steam and hurl axes through the air? I've heard so many amazing things about Timberjaxe and can't wait to try it out for myself later this winter.
- Grip It Indoor Rock Climbing - The name says it all - get active this winter with indoor rock climbing for the adventure lover in your life!
- Nutrien Winter Shines - Described as Saskatchewan's premiere winter festival, this event is held at the Saskatoon Farmers Market and offers everything from ice sculptures to food and entertainment. This festival runs from January 25 - February 2nd, 2020. Check out more information here
- King Me Boardgamery & Cafe - this great little spot is a unique local attraction that often gets passed over but offers a great alternative to the typical dinner & movie evening out. Check out their Facebook page for current specials and events here
- Looking to get a little silly? Yuk Yuk's comedy might be the perfect fit! Located in the Park Town Hotel in Downtown Saskatoon, you can find more information on current shows here, along with a link to buy tickets through the Park Town website.
- The Bassment - Live jazz, blues, acoustic, folk, classical and other styles in an all ages unique venue downtown.
I hope to see you around this winter!