So few of us are able to have a job we are passionate about, and I can truly say that I love what I do. I've always been, "the girl with the camera" since I first received a point-and-shoot Olympus around the age of 12. While my gear and skills have progressed over the years, my passion for photography and for the lives I capture remains the same.
I've been fortunate to capture weddings, families, corporate and private events and more during the time since I started my business officially in 2015. I look forward to getting to know you and helping you document the journey of your life!
I think we would get along wonderfully!
- Coffee shop: Calories on Broadway in Saskatoon or Clearcut Coffeehouse in Martensville
- Best place to take pictures in Saskatoon: Oooh hard one. I love trying to find something unique, but you can never go wrong with the beautiful Boffins Gardens
- Movie: Back to the Future
- TV Show: The Big Bang Theory or Brooklyn Nine-Nine
- Colour: A deep, rich purple
- Ice cream: Haggen Dazs - Java Chip! If you find it anywhere LET ME KNOW! I haven't had it in so long
- Best Saskatoon Restaurant: I love going to Pink Cadillacs Diner because it's such a unique setting!
- Kid: HEY! Parents don't have favourites... right?
- Most Wanting to Visit: Scotland! I'm Scottish, Irish, English, and French... that I know of. I'm completely fascinated by Scottish history though and would love to visit - and of course go see all the Castles I possibly could.
- Hobby: Collecting other hobbies. So far on the list I've tried: Kayaking, Archery, Painting (acrylics are my favourite), Gardening, Swimming, Guitar, Piano, Violin, Babywearing, Woodworking, and Sewing.
“Rachel captures your special moments like you wouldn't believe. Her eye for details in every photo makes being in front of the camera a breeze!! She is so easygoing, happy, and professional that I wouldn't suggest looking anywhere else."”
A few fun facts about me...
- I have loved horses as long as I can remember - and at one point my mother told me if I gave up all my cats (I had 9 - whoops!) she would think about getting me a horse. She never did. It's probably a good thing, too... as I found out in my early twenties that I am deathly allergic to them. Horse camp in high school was roooouuuugh. That being said, I'll still photograph them - just can't touch them and need to be told in advance so I can load up on antihistamines.
- I've watched all the Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, Chronicles of Narnia, and Star Wars movies. In fact, I have so many fandoms I don't even know where I belong. #allthethings
- In the summer, my favourite thing to do is head out to the lake and go Kayaking while the sun sets.
- After I fell and broke my tailbone in the winter of 2013 (OUCH!) I went for x-rays and discovered I also have arthritis in my neck.
- I almost pursued a career in Environmental Engineering.
- I also almost pursued a career in Law.
- After my oldest daughter was born I tried Babywearing. I couldn't figure it out, but when my younger daughter came along I decided to give it another go and now have a large knowledge base and passion surrounding it - so ask away!
- I grew up as an only child, but do have half siblings that are much older than I am.
- Art, English, and Drafting were my favourite classes in school.
- We have a pet Husky named Kita that we adopted from the Saskatoon SPCA. She's adorable!